Skip to main content

I have both cards installed under Windows XP in a 1.2Ghz 256MB P3 system. Using Sonar 2.0 I can record 8 simultaneous tracks on the PCI-822. I can also record 4 simultaneous tracks on the DSP Factory. But if I try to enable recording on a single channel from the "other" card the recording fails with dropout errors.

I suspect it has something to do with syncing the 2 cards. My Tascam TM-D1000 mixer acts as the system clock locked internally to 44.1Khz. The PCI-822 syncs to that via the TDIF cable. Is there some way to get these three guys talking in sync? Maybe use the Digital S/PDIF out from the DSP factory and setting the PCI-822 and TM-D1000 to lock to S/PDIF inputs. Can a "word clock" signal from the mixer be fed to the S/PDIF input of the DSP Factory (is a word clock signal compatible with S/PDIF or are they 2 diffent animals?)

Am I the only person on earth using these two cards together in the same machine? Am I getting "track fever" and should be content with 8 tracks and give up shooting for 12 simultaneous?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Topic Tags

Comments

Opus2000 Fri, 10/11/2002 - 07:56

Well, with Sonar you can run multiple devices but it's not a gaurantee it will work properly. Getting the two to sync up is another story as you will need to run SPDIF to one from the other. The DSP factory has been a known troublemaker for many a people as it is not so intuitive right off the bat type of system.
Opus