Skip to main content

Hello all.

I just picked up two pairs of HR 824 monitors. The only problem with them is that all of the woofers were damaged during a move. They all got torn/punctured around the edges. I tested the amps - all fine. The tweeters are in good shape (I even got two new extras!) SO... I tried to search out to see if anyone can re-cone/re-foam these, but I've had no luck. .Then I tried to find replacements. These are what they used. http://www.usspeaker.com/vifa%20p22wp-1.htm Though it seems that no one has these anymore. I contacted Mackie, and they wanted $125 ea. (pretty rough when they used a $44 speaker) for their new ones (from the MKII's)

I've also heard that the "new" speakers Mackie offers are not a good match for their older monitors. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Does anyone know who could re-cone these properly? Does anyone know where replacements can be found at a more reasonable price? If not, is there another speaker out there that would match those specs? What would you do?

I have two pairs of monitors that I've relied on for a couple of years (Event ASP8's and some Electro-Voice Studio 500's) but I'd like to get these going for a surround setup.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Comments

x

User login