Skip to main content

hello fellow musicians, this is my first post great site! anyways i currently mixing for my band in our studio in Camas, WA i have a Sony 2.0 and Pro Tools digi001. My big problem is that I'm having trouble gettin that radio sound that everyone talks about ive adjusted bass EQ's compressors everything and keep it right below the peaking level, I'm very new to Pro Tools but have had many years on soundforge/cooledit/cakewalk, which even seem to have better FX and faster downmixing. do i need to splurge and buy more pluginsfor echos/reverbs n such or is this program more tricky then most! also its hard to experiment when you have to bounce to DISK everytime is there a faster way? thanks for your time ladies and gents

Micah Young-lawless records :confused:

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Thu, 09/11/2003 - 11:49

hello mr costa,
i am using pro-tools 5.3.1 LE on Windows Xp, with no tracking board just the digi 001, and all the plug ins i have are just the ones included with the program. I havent purchased any other equipment because i dont want to buy anything i dont need, the sound i am trying to achieve is vocals sucked right into the track the vocal clarity sounds great we have 3 sound proof rooms but i cant seem to get them mixed at the same levels without one being louder then the next! we are currently workin on a hiphop/rap compilation. so does anyone know any tricks to get great vocal FX without having tracking boards or expensive plugins thank you

Micah young

anonymous Thu, 09/11/2003 - 12:01

Hello uncle bob,
well the main reason i changed programs was because everyone at guitar center RAVED about protools telling me thats what everyone uses. So i basically bought it to keep up with the times but now im startin to doubt its power! on my hewlett packard 1.0gigahertz with probably a very dated sound card i achieved better clarity and no-buzzing when porting my instrumentals into the line-IN with my Triton PRO X!? So the whole thing is very confusing to me protools seems to be better for recording and not for mixing its very hard to time and move the tracks into place... but all in all im goin to retrieve my old pc outta the dust and try and record with my blue mouse into the small microphone jack and see what results i get.. but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

THANKS guys...

Micah Young lawless records