Skip to main content

I have just bought a Behringer BCA 2000 control audio unit, and am having major problems using it with Logic 5.5, and until getting updated drivers from Behringer , couldnt record or playback and music.

When recording, or playing back, i get the error messages -

' The ASIO driver recieved a reset request' and asked if i want to start logic

and also i get error messages saying that Logic is detecting immpossible sample rates.

my system has had 4 'serious errors' and had (on 4 separate occasions) found 32kb 'bad files' when ive run scandisk.

i have contacted Behringer and they've sent me new drivers, but the problem still persists, although i am now able to record very short peices of music (around 10 - 20 seconds)

i am running Windows XP SP2, with a AMD 2000XP processor running at 1.66 GHz, plently of ram (512Mb), so my system shouldnt be the problem right?

help please!

Comments

anonymous Sat, 11/27/2004 - 11:27

the software and hardware is configured to the sam sample rate and bit rate, Logic supports up to 32bit, and the desk will do 24 bit, and up to 96Khz sample rate, i have set Logic and the dest to run at 48Khz/24 Bit to both record and playback, but i am still getting the error messages that i said earlier.

i have tried running at 96khz/24 bit and at 44.1khz/16 bit, configured on both soft and hardware

i cant figure out what is going wrong!

sheet Sat, 11/27/2004 - 11:45

Ok, where's the clock? You need to sync the mixers engine to the Logic. You need an external master clock, or the mixer needs to be the master.

How are you getting the digital signal into the computer? If you are using ADAT light pipe, then you can make the system lock to that. If you are using AES or SPDIF, then you really need to have the console be the master. Then you need to look at a compatible way to connect the two. What cards do you have?

anonymous Sun, 11/28/2004 - 11:24

the clock is in a program supplied by the desk, and i can set it to

Dig 2 channel/ADAT or S/MUX (ADAT in), or to 'Internal'

the digital signal is through a USB 2.0 cable (480Mps), im not sure of any other way of connecting it to my PC, although i have looked at the Audigy ZS PCMCIA card as an alternative to my built in chipset one.

i can use either SPDIF or AES, and its set to SPDIF, which my Vinyl AC'97 Codec Combo Driver (WDM) supports (i think!)

im not really that good at this kind of thing so i apologise if i say something stupid! i just need a away of recording my guitar!

x

User login