Skip to main content

Much talk about Apogee, Lucid, RME, and all the usual suspects in the mid-level/pro converters available. I did a search for this UA 2192 and found a dismal amount of opinions. I just got the new Sweetwater catalog (along with a new credit card, ouch...) and the irony is too strong to discount the intent of purchasing some new gear.

I'm all set with synths & sounds, monitoring, acoustic treatment, etc.
I'm now more focused on invesing in the front-end (thinking about the new UA LA-610) and some better converters (presently using a Digi 002R w/o any hardware mixer). I saw the 2192 in the catalog and figured I would post about it.

Any reason to lean on the UA vs the Apogee Rosetta 200?
I really only need 2channels. I've heard great things about the Benchmark DAC-1, but I'd rather have the all-in-one rackmount AD/DA option. How's the 2192 in your opinion, holds up as well as the others?

Comments

Massive Mastering Tue, 11/02/2004 - 18:07

I had the 2192 for literally like 24 hours - I thought it was a fine sounding unit.

Okay, you're wondering why only 24 hours...

Got hooked on Lavry for several reasons - Not the least of which is I really need a set of units that can run at different clock speeds (I often get material in at a different sample rate and bit depth than I use at the input). The Lavry's stand-alone archtecture allowed me to do that.