Skip to main content

I just sold off the old gear I knew so well. So now I'm committed to using the new fireface 800 with my Nuendo setup. In my previous setup with the Yamaha dsp2416 cards the hardware mixer and routing for the card could be accessed directly through Nuendo/Cubase. Changes could be made on the fly.
With the RME the software routing matrix and mixer are accessed outside the recording and there use trigged the recording to halt.
My Mackie controller is supposed to control both, but I've yet to figure how to switch between them.

Any Ideas!
Paul

Topic Tags

Comments

Link555 Fri, 04/18/2008 - 10:23

I am not sure if I can help. But I had 2 firefaces hooked up Nuendo 3. I used the ASIO drivers for the firefaces, and I was able see them in Nuendo. I had to do a sound card set up. before Nuendo could see the fireface though. Under options I think. But I never did get my mackie control to work right. I thought it was issues with Nuendo though. Since I have sold the firefaces.

glitchless Fri, 04/18/2008 - 10:39

Do you still have the mackie controller setup with Nuendo?
What issues do you have with it? I have this problem of faders deciding there own level even though I haven't programed them and haven't got the read light on. I'll pull down a fader and it will resist then pop back up after I let go. How weird is that?