Skip to main content

First of all I use Cubase 5 on vista 64 bit (soon windows 7 64 bit) So please point out to me whether one of them aren't even compatible.

I want the best sounding card I can possibly get that will make an Avalon preamp sound as good as possible and have worth while features.

I am confused as to why everyone says the Lynx Aurora line are the best in the world for recording when there aren't even any actual inputs/outputs on it. Do the connections on the back have cables that break out into XLRs and 1/4 inch and such? Or is there another interface you need to buy to record with it.

Also, I don't really understand why it is called a AD/DA converter instead of an audio interface. What is the difference? What does that even mean? Does the RME not convert? Why use digital, wouldn't you always want to use Analog to get the best sound? Is the Lynx even considered an audio interface?

One more question, what exactly is the word clock connections for? I have never used them and have no clue what it does.

Educate me! As of now I am using an M-Audio delta 1010 and have been wanting to upgrade for some time now. =]

Comments

Monkey_Mouse Tue, 09/22/2009 - 13:38

The Aurora is an AD/DA converter that can be used as an audio interface with the right extras such as the FW card, the ADAT card, or a PCI/PCIe card.

Aurora is probably the best bang for the buck converters out there - but there are better at much higher prices.

Delta 1010 has wordclock - used to sync the digital signal between multiple pieces of equipment.