Skip to main content

i cant sync 003 with my silverface octopre. its been fine for many years and I just changed the ADAT lightpipe cable to see if that helped. NADA! Everything is set up right in PT and i select the ADAT for the souce clock in PT but it now gives me a "Problem with clock source clock" or something. I had the same problem with my old 002 but when I got the 003 it went away so my big fear is that I have a bad lightpipe jack in the 003. Anybody else have this problem and were able to fix it? SUCKS!

Topic Tags

Comments

TheJackAttack Wed, 12/28/2011 - 15:07

Are you Mac based or PC based?

Basically you need to set the 003 as Master and the Octopre as Slave or vice versa. Right now both of the devices are trying to be Master or both are trying to be Slave. If I remember correctly though, the 003 was finicky about this and it might be better if it was set to slave FROM the Octopre.

studio33 Tue, 01/03/2012 - 09:35

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I had tried all that stuff before but I didnt try switching the ADAT lightpipe cable to the other jack of the octopre which I did and it worked I have lock. So either I had a bad jack or I had the cable in the wrong jack. I still need to read the manual about that because I thought they were the same exact signal on both jacks.

TheJackAttack Tue, 01/03/2012 - 17:01

Well, wait. HD systems are way under a 100k right now and by Jan of 2013 they will be at rock bottom as Digi abandons all 32 bit systems in the coming year. One of our Moderators here is going through the same mental gyrations. Remember, PT10 is the last version that will support the HD systems and while it has caught up in some respects to features available in other DAWs for five to ten years, it still is not as featured packed as most. Basically I have nothing per se against PT but I would have to think very very hard before I got caught in a dead end product.