Skip to main content

has anybody used the onboard MIDI of the P4B266? i've got the midisport usb 1X1 because i thought that was all i would need. as it turns out the midi out on the line6 POD's doesn't seem to work like a midi thru. i'm going to try and contact line6 support on this. but in the meantime i would like to be able to edit pathches on these units without unplugging sh*t to do it and i was hoping not to have to by another interface. if the onboard midi interface works well then it might be the solution. any opinions?

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Mon, 06/03/2002 - 13:15

But for using the Pod ONLY, the gameport will do just fine. Its just through midi cables that the pod communicates with the compter interface..Soundiver or Patchwizard.
Line 6 has already acknowledged that the Pod unit's midi out does not act as a thru. Its highly unlikely there will be any change in this. They're concentrating more on newer -better things like the Vetta for example.

Opus2000 Mon, 06/03/2002 - 16:21

Dan..no, making fun of myself....lol
The onboard MIDI port is fine I'm sure for certain things but I've seen weird things happen with that type of interface in which makes me not want to go that route ever again!
Sometimes data is dropped or just stops working since windows usually holds control over it in the long run and may cause the application trying to use it to sop accessing it...
Opus

anonymous Tue, 06/04/2002 - 07:03

By such innovations are languages enriched, when the words are adopted by the multitude, and naturalized by custom.
Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616), Spanish writer. Don Quixote, in Don Quixote, pt. 2, bk. 6, ch. 10 (1615; tr. by P. Motteux).

The Columbia Dictionary of Quotations is licensed from Columbia University Press. Copyright © 1993, 1995 by Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.

it is the value of the message, not the content or context, that matters most. :) db