Skip to main content

Help-

I went to the digi site to check their specs on PC's for the 002R and it was almost a foreign langauge in this stage of my DAW career. I've been checking out the sweetwater creation stations The one I looked at was around 1800-2k but i've heard of people putting them together for a lot less.But I don't want to get something thats gonna lock up and loose all my sh...T! if you know what I mean. Is ther any other approved Digi-computer builders? anways Help me :x

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Wed, 04/13/2005 - 08:58

The best computer IMO for the rack is a Mac. Protools has been built for macs for years and the PC side is a "make it work" situation to take advantage of the market. One only has to read the Digi site to see all the problems that can arise if you have the wrong chipset or something in your PC, yet it works with all new mac's no problem. Protools was ported over to the PC world, not designed for it. It was designed on and for a Mac. I run a G5 Dual 1.8 with 2 gigs ram and I am constantly amazed at the number of CPU Hog plug-insI can get in a session. I won't go as far to say it never crashes but I have made my living for the past 6 years with an 001 and now a 002R.