Skip to main content

With regard to my recording project (a brass band) - see this thread {old-link-removed}
Our room is fitted with a maximum of 6 XLR stage boxes so with this in mind we are setting our initial budget to a maximum or 6 mic's and the associated gear needed.

Mic's in the range of sm57's due to the versatility they offer and a mixer in the £100 to £150 (new price) mark.

I found this mixer out there. I am leaning towards trusting Yamaha, and really like the compression knob idea on 4 of the channels. . Not really bothered about any other effects going in as we think we will have better results putting effects on afterwards. .with the exception of compression . . which we think will be useful going in for a brass band. ?

http://www.mveducation.com/invt/38249/
What other options do I have in this price range. .thanks :) am sure this desk is competing against others.

Topic Tags

Comments

RemyRAD Mon, 11/17/2008 - 13:15

Compression is great for recordings. Almost impossible to deal with if you are trying to amplify anything as all it does is cause feedback problems. When doing a lot of work, you might want limiting but not compression. That isn't to say you don't have to use the compression. And in your first assumptions, Yamaha is a great brand. No problems there.

Go for it
Ms. Remy Ann David

x

User login