Skip to main content

Yamaha pss-790 anyone know anything about it? I have just bought a s/h one for £50.00. It seems to work ok but doen't play the right instruments from my pc. S/ware is, Magix stud6, Evolution bundled with Ekeys 49, Sonar5 ( demo, love it can't afford it) Magix Notataion 2. Ihave downloaded the manual from Yamaha nice people) but I cannot get my head round much of the MIDI stuff.
In anticipation ecc83

Comments

ecc83 Tue, 11/13/2007 - 02:10

Yammaha pss 790

Wow! Now that's what I call latency!

Thanks P, I have since discovered that Yamaha would not stump up for the full Roland MIDI monty on their earlier, cheaper products.

I am also told you can write a "map" to overcome the problem but I have dld MIDI OX and other things and I suppose if I put the work in I could grasp it, one day!

Two other matters that annoy. The Ekeys is "DINNED" to the Yammy, as I play, some notes do not speak, it does not seem to be related to speed or force of touch, I can play 10 keys fine then no' 11 zilch, 12 fine? The usb feed to the computer is faultless.

Secondly, the Yamaha, triggered from the Ekeys is not as loud as its own keyboard, any ideas?
Dave.