Skip to main content

Got it. I do have to say they packed it very well. The first two faders are very loose. All the rest are fine. Im going to let it warm up and then Im going to tear it apart and clean it and see whats going on with the first two faders. Hopefully an easy fix. The salesman/manager said the unit powered up and all the faders reset, so I hope they are just loose. But they seem to me to be off track all together. The unit itself is in very good shape and its quite larger than I thaught it would be. So hopefully with a screwdriver and some electronics cleaner I will be good to go. For $299 Im not complaining if I need to do a little repair. Here is a pic

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Wed, 06/10/2009 - 10:18

Nice! I hate to break it to you, but I actually got one on ebay for even less. I think I got it for around $250. One of the faders doesn't calibrate depending on what position it is initially in, but that is no big deal. One thing you might be interested to know: Mackie actually sells single fader strips to replace the ones in your MCU if they break. They are user servicable and only $44! I was so happy when I heard that. Also, don't forget that they also sell software specific labels for the buttons on that also. The website is hard to navigate but if you poke around a lot or send them a question you will be able to find it.

This thing was an excellent deal. I'm so glad that they came out with a USB one that is really just a USB-midi interface, because that dropped the used price on these ones hardcore and they have the same basic functionality. If you can get past the styling, it is a really really really good deal.

Link555 Wed, 06/10/2009 - 12:12

Hey BushmasterM4,
what Daw are you using it with?

The Reason I ask, is I had bought one before but had trouble geting the fader level to be correct with Nuendo. If I would make a 6 db move on the physical fader the software saw 9 db one time a 3db the next. It was hard to predict what the software would actually see.

Needless to say I got rid of it in a hurry. I hope it was just a bad unit.

TheJackAttack Wed, 06/10/2009 - 13:30

I have a MCU Pro and it works well enough with Audition 3, Tracktion 2 (of course). I'm not often at home these days so I haven't tried it on any others like Protools. When I first purchased it I had to turn it on and off several times for the self calibration to work on the faders. Since then it's been fine.

Of course when I hit the Powerball I'll get a piece of digital SSL candy.

BushmasterM4 Thu, 06/25/2009 - 17:31

Link555 wrote: Hey BushmasterM4,
what Daw are you using it with?

The Reason I ask, is I had bought one before but had trouble geting the fader level to be correct with Nuendo. If I would make a 6 db move on the physical fader the software saw 9 db one time a 3db the next. It was hard to predict what the software would actually see.

Needless to say I got rid of it in a hurry. I hope it was just a bad unit.

Sorry I have not been following this post. I use Tracktion 3. I have one fader that is reading about 4 db too much. If I power off and on again it straightens out. Its one of the faders I had to rework. I have some extra fader parts and I need to rebuild that one and see if I can fix it. If not, its no big deal to cycle the power a few times. Everything thing else is fine