Skip to main content

hi guys, it's been a while since my last post, i knew you were so happy. :x

listen i earned 1500$
and was wondering if if you could give me some advice.

i have 1500$ and i need these:
8 channels preamps.
2 channels of good preamps
2 overheads.

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Wed, 08/17/2005 - 08:37

Do you need 10 pres at the same time? or are you looking for something like 8 pres to trak drums and then two pres to use later for Vox, Guitar etc.

If you only need 8 at a time, take a look at Mackie's Onyx 800 R. Typically, I'm not one to recommend Mackie, but the Onyx Preamps are really very good.

As far as overheads, $500 can get you some pretty decent stuff. For the flexibility, check out the Audio-Technica AE5100 (I got a pair for $420, but with a rather large order (read over $75,000 (no, not for me, I'm a lowly consultant)).

Anyway, those are my 2 cents.

anonymous Wed, 08/17/2005 - 10:49

Sorry for the missing information on the post.
i have an Emu-1212m with an Alesis AI3 for a total of 10 ins/outs

September i'll be tracking a production of a full fusion band, i already own few mics, seinheiser md421, shure, sm 57, at 4033, behringer mic2200 who sound horrible, alesis mkII active monitors.

My idea was:
8 preamps when tracking drums.
2 good preamps for vox, guitars, bass guit.
2 good condensers small, medium or large condenser for overheads and stereo miking.

i have 1500$ for that project. so i was thinking seriously about the:
- Studio Projects spv8, but never found reviews or someone who own it to tell me how this thing sound. thats about 600$
- Presonus MP-20 i read good reviews on this or 2 HHB 50 about 199$ each one, it comes with compressors, i trust hhb cuz it was TL audio under another name: HHB.
-Adk A-51 series or apex 420 condensers 200$ each

that's all i need and that's all my money