Skip to main content

I got one of these on the cheap (~$150 including shipping) and it sould arrive tomorrow. I simply couldn't pass it up to add 2 more inputs to my DAW. What should I expect this thing to sound like? Are the converters really "impossible to clip"?

I see these things go for about 475-500 new, so I assume they are probably worth about $250-300 on the used market. unless they actually suck balls and i never use it. then 150 doesnt seem like to much of a deal..

How long has the 386 been out for? I've seen reviews from about 4 years ago. actually pretty good reviews in sound on sound and pro audio review.

Well, whatever, must just be getting a little anxious 8-)

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Tue, 09/20/2005 - 14:41

imagineaudio wrote: I got one of these on the cheap (~$150 including shipping) and it sould arrive tomorrow. I simply couldn't pass it up to add 2 more inputs to my DAW. What should I expect this thing to sound like? Are the converters really "impossible to clip"?

I see these things go for about 475-500 new, so I assume they are probably worth about $250-300 on the used market......unless they actually suck balls and i never use it......then 150 doesnt seem like to much of a deal..

How long has the 386 been out for? I've seen reviews from about 4 years ago....actually pretty good reviews in sound on sound and pro audio review.

Well, whatever, must just be getting a little anxious 8-)

How did that 386 turn out. I'm getting one on the cheap as well, and I've never heard one, but figured how far wrong could I go. Any comments or reviews? Thanks.