Skip to main content

Hey guys, i was hoping someone could shed some light on my issue, as M audio seems totally worthless in helping me.

I am running an AMD xp 2000+, on an ASUS A7N8X-E motherboard, 768 Mushkin RAM, with an MSI radeon 9800 XT video card.

when i have the delta monitoring anything, whether I'm even in recording software or not (this happens with cubase, or adobe audition, no difference) i get digital static/crackle from the outputs of the delta. i can be in WAV OUT mode, OR in monitor mixer mode. now interestingly if i am in WAV OUT mode, they are completely quiet until i start playin back, at which point the static/crackling is worse, than if i just use monitor mixer mode.

i have not been able to find any IRQ conflicts (although it is on a virtual IRQ) and i have tried several PCI slots, which doesnt eliminate the issue.

right now my delta is being looked at by M audio, and they called me this morning telling me they havent been able to reproduce my issue, however i also mentioned at that time that cubases self testing diagnostic isn't able to run without losing sync, in fact the SB live i have in my system performs BETTER on those tests than the delta. so i figured it must be defective. The M audio guy said he would be gettin back to me within an hour after more testing and its been 3 and he hasn't called me back yet.

anyhow does anyone here know anything about what I'm talking about? m audio seems to know NOTHING about this, and i cant seem to find ANYTHING on the net describing my issue.

having a zero (or near zero) latency multitrack recording DAW just seems like a dream...no matter what i buy/do theres ALWAYS a hitch its starting to really demoralize me :(

-Jakob

Topic Tags

Comments

Pearlygates Mon, 06/20/2005 - 11:27

Jakob,

I've been using a 1010 / Cool Edit Pro for five years. I ran this on an AMD 350Mh with 256 ram. It now lives on an AMP XP1400 with a gig of ram. I think I ran across this problem at some point. I don't think it's a problem with the 1010 itself. It's either something in your hardware set up or your software configuration. Have you tried adjusting the buffer size, both playback and recording in your editing software? Also, in the delta control panel on the hardware setting page, check to make sure the sample rate is set to 44.1 and the "reset rate when idle" box is checked. Also check the output level on the back of the 1010 are set correctly (-10 / +4). Does the distortion record along with your tracks or is it happening only on playback.
Hope this helps.

anonymous Mon, 06/20/2005 - 18:18

well...

actually it only occurs on playback, and during idle state as well. this is why i dont think it is a software or configuration issue (at least as far as buffer stuff goes). i have the out 1/2 connected to my mackie board, and when i just get into windows xp, and dont do ANYTHING the mixer board led's hit -30 to -20, sometimes it rockets to even like +2 or +4. all while its idle.

m audio sent me a brand new one, since they couldn't reproduce the issue. unfortunately i havent been able to test the new one because someone over there removed the power supply from the box for some rediculous reason so im waiting for it to come at the moment. i doubt it will resolve the issue. i figured it was my motherboard since it was like a constant (the amount of noise/static fluctuates from moment to moment) thing no matter what i did, but i got an ASUS board and the same thing happens, no difference. i figure it has to be something along the bus that is causing this, that is very specific to my system, cuz i cannot find ANYTHING duplicating this issue on the net. it REALLY SUCKS.