Skip to main content

I need to record 14 channels, on location. I've got a shuttle XPC with a M-Audio Delta 10/10lt and my friend can lend me his M-Audio FireWire1814.

What I want to do is to use the Delta card as a master wordclock using a BNC cable and than connecting a snake from the directout's/inserts of the mixer to both cards and use the Asio DirectX Full Duplex driver in Cubase SX to get the input from both cards.

Do you think this will work? or will I have problems?

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Fri, 08/18/2006 - 01:28

It's a great starter card. I bought it to use with my Mackie 1402vlz when I was a starting fiddeling with recording. The two buil in preams are almost unusable, I just turned them off when I got the card and used the pre's in the mixer.

Hafsteinn, they do not use the same ASIO driver from M-Audio. What I wan't to do is to use the DirectX ASIO. I've got it to work with two cards of different type in the past, but I don't have a clue if there were any syncing problems or whatnot.

Ps.
Frekar asnalegt að tala við íslenskann vin sinn á ensku.. haha ;)

anonymous Sun, 08/20/2006 - 19:53

Ok.. It "worked".

There was some syncing problems that I can fix and the recroding stopped now and then because of "ASIO unsynchronised error". I'd recommend to anyone who has to record like this to use two identical soundcards. Like 2x FW1814 using the same wordclock.

I did use the same wordclock with both the Delta and the FW1814, but it got unsynced alot.

I will post a sample in few days, when I get my lazy ass to mixing it ;)

x

User login