Skip to main content

Im looking for a new Audio Interface to replace chepoid Soundblaster Live 24. Im looking for 6 inputs to combine to 2 stereo outs (1 for headphone). I drew a line in the sand with Delta Lite to compare to.

The Layla is $414 new w/factory warranty (haven't seen used price).
The Delta Lite is $240 new w/factory warranty (no rack panel but cable dongle) (best used in about $160).

Both are PCI do the about the same functions but Layla does have
- 2 auto sensing XLRs,
- headphone output,
- rack section,
- balanced TRSs
- better dynmaic range by about 10db
- DAW software Traction
- and has brand name and reputation.

M-audio has good rep but not pro material and no DAW but has solid drivers I hear.

Im looking for a good reason to justify the +$175 difference in cost as the Layla is sexy and quality (and thats me all over:). Anything you can offer to support one or the other. Does Layla have better software or something?. I think it comes with Traction DAW. I use Power Tracks Pro (cheapie) and just got Adobe Audition and wouldnt mind taking the software plunge to a new DAW if worthwhile.

Opinionsare appreciated!
Thanks!

Comments

TeddyG Fri, 04/08/2005 - 05:34

Neither for me, thankyou - I'd go with the Lynx, that met my needs and be DONE with my sound card worries for awhile. But, if these were the choices, I'd lean on the Layla, as they've enjoyed(Worked hard for, obviously) a very good reputation(Stellar, actually.) for some time - In 8 years I've NEVER heard/read a harsh word about them... The other "best buy"(Though I'd still go with the Lynx) is RME. They just didn't offer the I/O I needed(At least at the time), RME quality(And tech support - THE most important part of any such purchase!) is just fine.

TG