Skip to main content

Hey I was wondering if I could get as much feed back as I can from you guys about the monitors. I have read great things about both of them, but was wondering if anybody has an opinion on either or?

Comments

RemyRAD Mon, 01/14/2008 - 23:30

I hate both of those.

I love KRK's & JBL's. I can record and mix on those. Those others are just uninspiring and confusing sounding. Nothing that anybody else can relate to. Not real sounding. Phony. Doesn't kick ass. Do you want to know how I really feel?

JBL/KRK user/abuser
Ms. Remy Ann David

anonymous Mon, 01/14/2008 - 23:47

RemyRAD wrote: I hate both of those.

I love KRK's & JBL's. I can record and mix on those. Those others are just uninspiring and confusing sounding. Nothing that anybody else can relate to. Not real sounding. Phony. Doesn't kick ass. Do you want to know how I really feel?

JBL/KRK user/abuser
Ms. Remy Ann David

Uhhhhhhhhh I think you summed up your feelings thanks,lol..

Link555 Tue, 01/15/2008 - 11:57

Bash Genelec 1031's? What? those are wicked monitors. I had many great nights mixing on those! I had the old Mackie HR824's for a bout 3 months, I have to say I did not like them. The low end was mud, very hard to mix with. I mixed once on the events orignal line, they had a terrible mid range boast, it hurt my ears after a while. I would have to say based on the previous models, no to both.

Dynaudio, KRK, hell NS-10's part 2 lots of options.

Gib Tue, 01/15/2008 - 14:30

I also currently own the older 824's. I bought them fresh out of school years and years back on a reccomendation and didnt really put a whole lot of research into them b4 i bought them (used to believe opionions back then, now I actually have experience lol). IMO, they are alright. They are much worse then some, and much better than others. Whatever you get, youll have to really learn them. The people above that hate them are prob used to other higher quality speakers, and trying out the Mackies after what they are used to would be a huge change. The over accentuated low mids statement above is true as well imo. But these like all monitors sound different in different rooms. And they have switches in the back to help tailor them to what you may need.

I have learned to use these speakers, and very well if I may add, but if I had more money I would gladly sell them for something else.. . Anyone Wanna Trade? rofl (jsk kdn) For the price, and the fact that they are active they may work for you. But so will any monitor if you learn how to compensate for its deficiencies, and learn the room you are mixing in.

x

User login