Skip to main content

Does anyone have experience with the MOTU 828mkII?

Care to talk about it?

Thanks,
Stephen

Comments

anonymous Mon, 06/07/2004 - 18:02

are you going to use it with a pc?
expect tons of problems..mine is sort of working ok with my sony laptop...but it took me forever ....lots of more pc problems were on forums..also, in the sound-on-sound mag test, they found problems when testing on pc..the product itself is really good and a bargain also...

anonymous Fri, 06/18/2004 - 22:33

828 mkII

Yes I am very pleased with mine. I am using a Mac (OS X) and still using the Audio Desk program that came with it to record.

The mkII I think is a very versatile machine, and I think that's why I will probably keep it, you can even use it as a basic stage mixer if. As far as the mic pres go I have been pleased with their sound recording my classical guitar through rode microphones. The good thing is since it has lots of input/output options you can use it in many situations.

-jason

Gooddoogles Mon, 06/21/2004 - 07:57

Just to let you guys know, based upon your advice, advice I received in another forum, and additional research, I finally decided to get the Digidesign Mbox. I'm very impressed with the sound quality and the software that came with it (Pro Tools LE). I'm concerned, however, that I might not have enough inputs. I would like to record myself singing and playing piano and it's been suggested that I use more than one mic on the piano.

On the other hand, I was looking for something simple and very portable, and the Mbox certainly meets those criteria. I'm primarily going to use it to record song demos, and perhaps performance demos to get gigs. For those purposes I suppose I can live with one mic on the piano.

After having an analog home studio with a medium-sized mixing board, multitrack reel-to-reel, and a few outboard effects, I love the portability of the Mbox. It's easy to carry around in a backpack with my notebook computer and microphones. The hardest thing to carry are mic stands.

Thanks for all your tips!

Stephen