Skip to main content

Hey guys,
I have the nanosync(rosendahl) and the digi192 HD system.
I have things all syncing but I have a question about the superclock(port 6) and also a question about the locked function on the nano sync.

1. I had the nanosync outputting to the 192 via the digi 256 superclock port, (6). I kept getting sync problem in Pro Tools. Then I switched it over port 1 and then my sync works fine. nanosync is set to internal. When I open Pro Tools the 256superclock light comes on. I dont get it, enlighten me.

2. If i wanna be recording in 44.1(88.2), 0r 48k(96), is the a certain way to set the nanosync. The locked button is on in 48k, but I can't get the nanosync into 44.1 without giving me a sync error.
Should the reference be set to something else? can someone help me? I don't want to keep going in my room to change the sample rate.

Thanks all.

Comments

iznogood Thu, 07/22/2004 - 15:32

hi jater..

the problem is understanding your system...

the 192 should not be fed with superclock!!!

the nanosyncs should be set to the samplerate you wish to use...

the nanosyncs works with a base sample rate of either 44.1 or 48

the different outputs can then be set to multiply that rate by a certain number.... and in the default setting WO6 is 256x/superclock...

according to the manual (you should read it) WO 4 and 5 is by default 4x when the multiplier is lit.... thus giving you 176.4/192.....

if you then want to record in 88.2/96 you have to reconfigure the multipliers (page 7 and 8 will tell you how)