Skip to main content

Howdy.

I finally figured out how to program presets in this thing. I still can't figure out how to send different voices to different outputs. I aseume it's done in MIDI; any advice? Or, failing that, I'd love a pointer on where to take this question...

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Sun, 06/24/2001 - 18:18

I have an E-Mu rack mount e-synth so I’m not really sure about the 5000 but the operating systems are similar I think. On mine, if I’m in multimode, you can see (listed from left to right) channel number (1-16) then program#, volume, pan and then submix. Just move the curser to the submix section of the desired channel and select which sub group you want as the out put for that voice. Of course you need to have cables connected to all of the stereo sub outs on the unit going into a mixer or i/o box or something.
I’m sure you already know that, but you never know... ;)

Dan-

anonymous Sun, 06/24/2001 - 18:37

Thanks for the reply. I guess what is confusing me is the not-apparent connection between "channel" and "voice". I can get to "multimode", but there I feel helpless, not knowing how to relate the listed channels with the voices, which I don't even see listed on that screen? Maybe I need a MIDI tutorial.

Jimmy

anonymous Sun, 03/24/2002 - 00:49

a voice is in the program (instrument) to which you affect a channel .If you assign "voice" to the output of a program that means the outputs are assigned within the program (for example a drum kit where you want to assign different outputs to the kick and the snare).To do this you have to edit the instrument and edit the voices there .
Hope it works.