Skip to main content

Greetings Citizens of Earth-
Another analog to digital convert here. Hey I'm working on building the system. I've got one of those new fandangled iMacs (600mhz SE) that doesn't have a PCI slot. It seems my choices for audio interface are very limited. I've heard that USB is very unstable and just generally schlank. Which leaves me one choice (for now at least) and one choice only: a Firewire interface. So, I'm thinking a MOTU 828- it's expensive but I can float it (Hell- who needs two kidneys anyway). Anyone out there reading this thinking,"Oh my God! Someone stop this man from buying such a worthles piece of junk!", or,"Ah yes- wise choice young Jedi, you would have to search the Galaxy far and wide for a better interface." Generally, I ride the praeries alone, so to speak, I record solo using 1-2 inputs but like the option of having many inputs should I chose to record a jam session. I like the Phantom power and I hear Firewire is very stable, and it is the only Firewire interface out there. Anyone who responds will be granted most benevolent blessings and good karma. (My apologies for the unnecessary parentheticals)