Skip to main content

:lol:

I've used 001 for a couple of years now. The last computer I built to specs recommended by pro tools enginner staff at there webb site.

Still unstable at times, I'm wondering if that version ever really worked
very well.

I'm thinking of getting the 002 rack. Any comments ?

Can you hear an improvement with the A/D's ? and higher sampling rate ?

Does the fire wire help reduce system overhead thus making the system
more stable ?

Topic Tags

Comments

pmolsonmus Thu, 03/25/2004 - 07:06

I love my 002R! system is rock solid but with a single processor 867mhz G4 it begins to bog down when I use multiple reverbs. (3 is usually max). No problems w/ other effects - and smart use of buses handles most issues. I record mostly classical and jazz and it's clean and efficient- I hear all kinds of things I didn't hear w/ my 001 with the higher sampling rates - but they eat up space.
The A/Ds are much better than the 001 and the update to OSX wasn't horrible at all. It took me a little time and work in the DUC and Apple network but I was solid in 2 weeks w/o a problem since. 6 mos. I'm haven't heard any major complaints from the PC end either but I don't usually browse those forums.

I did have the common power harness problem - it had to be replaced, but DIGI had it overnighted to me and the replacement took minutes.
Warning- if you have this problem, read the directions carefully. There's a horror story on the DUC where someone inverted the harness and fried their rack. You sign a waiver to get the harness that you assume responsibility- so read and tread carefully.

Phil