Skip to main content

The Sonet takes over from the now discontinued Newetch chip. Anyone done this, I have put my money down for it.

My Mix + Expansion chassis / ProControl set up is working just fine... I dont want to disrupt it with - USB - stealth ports and new scsi cards... And I want to rock & roll with PT 5.1 and not suffer the tapping hand on Beat Detective and other stuff...

Watcha all think?

:)

Jules

Topic Tags

Comments

nrgmusic Sat, 06/09/2001 - 22:29

Originally posted by Julian Standen:
The Sonet takes over from the now discontinued Newetch chip. Anyone done this, I have put my money down for it.

My Mix + Expansion chassis / ProControl set up is working just fine... I dont want to disrupt it with - USB - stealth ports and new scsi cards... And I want to rock & roll with PT 5.1 and not suffer the tapping hand on Beat Detective and other stuff...

Watcha all think?

Jules

Jules,
Am I correct in assuming that Sonnet make a Zif G4 500? I've got a Newertech Zif in my beige G3 and although they are no longer made it was far less hassle than a pci card. I know a number of people who have put in the card version and have had mega trouble getting the f***ing things to work. The Zif just replaces the G3 processor which means no setup hassles and far less likelyhood of having any pci bus related issues.

best
Simon

Guest Tue, 08/14/2001 - 16:10

Well it's not a Sonet they sent finaly but a ... (word game name) (Like EL8) Shit...sorry!

Anyhow, it woks fairly well I have to say. Beat Detective and other processsing - like start up PT and all, all going faster than before...
Big saving, I suppose I will jump in with a new Mac at OS-X..

:) :) :)

Jules

x

User login