Skip to main content

Hi guys, new to the forum here. Iam looking at the Tascam SX-1 and the new JBL LSR6328 monitors. Has anyone used or had any experience with these units? Pro's/con's or any suggestions?
Thanks for your input.

Comments

anonymous Wed, 06/30/2004 - 14:55

Hey red99frc,
I know you wrote this post awhile ago, but have you got a chance to check out the Tascam SX-1? I bought one am I am totally blown away by this thing :lol: . It is absolutely incredible! In fact, it is more than I could have ever imagined it would be. If you haven't check it out already, you need to :wink: . Not only does it sound incredible, but it is also a beautiful looking machine. It has a great "WOW" factor going on. When people walk into my studio, the first thing out of their mouth is..,"WOW"! Here's some pictures of the SX-1Le in my room.

sheet Wed, 07/07/2004 - 06:48

Tascam will be 86'ing the SX, MX2424 and other models shortly. I wouldn't consider it myself, unless you are willing to own a piece of gear that will have little to no future support. It will continue to get cheaper. They are already half price now. I would check out Full Compass right after NAMM.

Go to the http://www.jblpro.com website and watch the video by Frank F. The concept of using EQ on speakers is an ongoing debate here and other places. It has been for years. If you don't have a properly designed room, or you cannot physically place your speakers where they need to be, then the JBL's may be a valid option. Find a dealer that will let you return them if they do not work for you. There are not enough of them sold just yet for there to be a huge rush to respond here.

x

User login