Skip to main content

According to the PDF from Mackie Im supposed to use the Channel inserts( 1 click ) to send to my recording device, in my case my delta-44 - 4 ins. That Part works Great. I have my AUX send outs going to my MPX 110 then back to the AUX Returns. However it dosen't record it. I can hear the effects in the master out. I dont understand why the channel inserts do get the AUX channel in the mix Is there any other way I can do this? I wanna be able to record all 4 in at the same time wiht the effect from my MPX.

Thanks.

Comments

McCheese Thu, 06/30/2005 - 02:39

Simple, because the pickoffs you're using to get your signal (the inserts) are right after the mic pre, and before anything else (EQ, Fader). The aux returns don't even return to the channel they came from, they're added to the master bus.

With this mixer, the only real options I can see are to do 2 tracks at a time, and use the other 2 inputs on the Delta to record the MPX outputs.

Record your 4 tracks, then run them through the MPX in passes of 2 tracks after the fact.

Or you can run all 4 tracks, set your panning, go into the mpx from the master mix (not picking out of the inserts), adjust your wet/dry settings to what you want, and pull the stereo mix directly from the MPX into the Delta, especially since you wouldn't be getting 4 independent channels of FX in your desired configuration.

I'll try to draw a picture here:

Sources (mics, keys, whatever)

1 2 3 4
| | | |
________
| mixer |
|_______|
| |
(aux sends/master outs(either will work))
| |
| MPX 110|
| |
(outputs)
| |
______
| Delta |
|______|

That has got to be the finest ASCII art I've ever done.