Skip to main content

Hi, beside the preamp presence on the Fireface, talking just about conversion and general use, what would you suggest between these two combinations ( on a pc) ?

1)Hdsp 9652 + Adi 8 ds
or
2)Fireface 800

?

thanks,
Luca

Topic Tags

Comments

johnthemiracle Sun, 10/30/2005 - 18:36

i can't say anything about the hdsp, but i own a fireface for some time now and i can say very good things about it. it's a stable solution, you just install the drivers and off you go. you can route any channel to any output ( although i assume this would also be possible with the hdsp) in a very easy way. the instrument input is also a nice addition, i recorded an electric bass through it and it sounded great. you even have a speaker simulation on this input (you can switch it on and off via software, and there's a limiter). the preamps are nice, only thing that i noticed when recording quiet signals (quiet speech) with an sm57 was that there was a tiny bit too much noise for my taste. but that's just at the level of recognition and with my tlm103 there is absolutely no such problem, sounds great. i can absolutely recommend the fireface, it never let me down so far...

anonymous Sun, 10/30/2005 - 21:08

yep i have a fireface also and its very stable. Converted from digi 002r and havent looked back since. Goes very well with cubase sx3. I love the thing.

I spose its similar to the hdsp. Try going to the rme forum/newsgroup and ask the same question as they would probably know heaps more about the hdsp and fireface than me.

Rme make great gear man, you wont be disapointed.

cheers