Skip to main content

I'm trying to get four discrete inputs with my m-audio 2496 in a Mac G4 running OS9 and Cubase VST 24. I'm using the two audio ins with separate preamps, no problem. Recently I bought a used Roland VM-3100Pro digital mixer, with a digital stereo output. It does work with the 2496, but I can't figure out how to get Cubase to recognize all four ins, the two audio and the two digital. Is this possible? How? Thanks, keith

Topic Tags

Comments

dabmeister music Mon, 05/03/2004 - 11:26

There's a couple of things you'll need to setup within cubase. First, you'll need to setup/activate your buses. This is accomplished by going to your master section and turning on buses 1 & 2. Bus 1 can be assigned for the audio. Bus 2 going to the digital side. Every channel has a group setting. If you assign your groups to the 2 active buses, you should get some sort of activity or indication that the audio is being sent to that particular bus. This of course is'nt all you'd have to do, but it's a good starting point. Hope this gives you some headway. Peace

anonymous Mon, 05/03/2004 - 22:39

4 inputs from m-audio 2496, Cubase, etc

Thank you. You definitly started me in the right direction. I found everything you mentioned in Cubase and it all should work....except now I notice that as soon as I start Cubase VST the sync on the 2496 switches from s/pdif back to internal, so that my digital inputs no longer work. It won't allow me to change back to s/pdif unless I quit Cubase. I looked around, and messed around, in the sync options of Cubase, but it didn't seem to change the situation. Any more ideas? In any case, thank you, Keith

x

User login