Skip to main content

Hello
Im trying to sync my Fostex VF160 mixing console with Cubase sx 2.0 using midi a single midi cable, is this enough?. Midi out from Audigy zs sound card to Midi in on the desk. I've been wrecking my brain going around all the sync settings on cubase, I think the desk settings are fine, but it aint syncing. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Comments

anonymous Wed, 03/30/2005 - 06:32

Wow, I'm going to be really interested in any answers you get... I just spent a week recording my church choir using a Fostex VF160, and then re-recording it into Cubase. I recorded 6 channels on the Fostex, then re-recorded them 2 channels at a time into Cubase (I'm using Cubase System 4, which is Cubase SL2 with the Steinberg MI4 interface). I basically sync'ed things by starting the record at a known point on the counter, and I then have to tweak the sync manually by moving the audio events to line up with each other. It works, but it's a LOT of work. I never ONCE thought of using MIDI to sync things up... I'll be VERY interested to see if there's a way to do that... (see my "Newbie with a question - recording choir live" thread in this conference...)