Skip to main content

Hi guys,

I need your opinion on this matter that is bugging me right now.

I am about to purchase Delta 1010LT soundcard. I am using Cubase SX and my current available hardwares are as such

1. Behringer mixer 802
2. DMP3 preamp
3. MP5 monitors
4. XP2100 running on windows 2000, VIA mobo, 384mb DDR ram, 20gig HD for system and scsi HD for holding audio datas

I checked through the specs and one thing that I dread is the RCA and female XLR connections. Is this OK? I mean, most of the equipments that I use is 1/4' TRS/TR. I am very much anticipating on either Delta 44/66 but the sole distributor where I am residing told me that they are out of stock and the next shipment would be not so soon.

I just need some assurance from you guys that I am not spending unnecessarily as I only use to max of 2 mics at a time. Though if the card has additional preamp will be nice too.

Thanks for the help in advance..

Comments

David French Sun, 10/17/2004 - 09:47

I think you may be spending more than you need to. The Delta 66 would suit you well. Plus, its breakout box uses 1/4" jacks, not that RCA or XLR are problems, but this way you won't have to use adapters. If you need a couple extra pres, and a headphone amp, look at the Omnistudio/Delta 66 bundle. Are you sure there isn't a single online dealer that will ship to you?

anonymous Wed, 10/20/2004 - 06:57

Thank you guys for your share of advise. Alas, I found an online shop that ships to my place !! Yippeee!! I'm getting a Delta 66, thank you.

For the time being, I'll just use creative's soundblaster with ASIO4ALL driver..

I didnt know, how crap the card sounded until I began using it again...But oh well...

Wish me luck for the shipment to arrive in one piece soon...

Cheers!