Skip to main content

I need these three devices to chase the same clock source. I want the main clock source to be from the Rosetta. I will be recording 2 Channels from the Rosetta Via S/PDIF and 8 Channels from the Octane Via ADAT.

-The Rosetta has WC out, ADAT out, and S/PDIF out.

-The Octane has WC in & out, and ADAT out.

-The 002 has neither WC in or out, only ADAT in/out and S/PDIF in/out.

This is what I was thinking:

Have the OO2 sync to the Rosetta via SPDIF, and have the Octane sync to the Rosetta via WC out.

Will this work?

I think it will, but I just wanted to make sure.

Comments

maintiger Tue, 09/21/2004 - 16:12

What program are you using? In digital performer with a 828 mkii, I just plug the word clock cable from the rosetta into the 828 mkii and set the clock to word clock in DP. Or if i want to use Spdif I'll set the clock to spdif in my program. When you do that, everything follows. If you use spdif and word clock at the same time you will probably have issues. check with your DAW manual, it should have instructions on how to set the clock for your program, which in turn will run everything.

anonymous Tue, 09/21/2004 - 16:36

By 002, I meant Digi 002, which obviosly means I have Pro Tools LE.

Since you can't use a word clock in with Pro Tools LE I normally sync my Digi 002 to the Rosetta via SPDIF, and everything works fine.

My problem now is that I have ordered an M-Audio Octane which I should be recieving shortly. Since I will be using the Octane's ADAT output into Pro Tools LE I will need the Rosetta, Pro Tools, and the Octane to all chase the same clock.

If I set Pro Tools to chase the Rosetta via Spdif, and set the Octane to chase the Rosetta via word clock shouldn't everything run smoothly?