Skip to main content

Hi!

When this unity is working your ear one “mhuuuuuu” sound from the side left?

It’s very annoying…

p.s.- your ear more when you put this unity in a table!

Regards

Comments

anonymous Fri, 11/18/2005 - 18:29

don't understand. where are you from? i don't understand u.

i've had a motu 828mkII for a few months and the only bad noise i've noticed comes from my G5 when i dont uncheck 'allow nap' in system preferences (only avaiable when you install the chud tools from the osx installation cd). and this is equal in both speakers and very digital sounding and occurs on the internal sound card too

have you tried swapping some cables around? to make sure that its not the cables. are you balanced or unbalanced?

could be power issues, ground loops? turn lots of stuff off, still there?

But mostly rephrase your question so its easier to understand!

anonymous Sun, 11/20/2005 - 16:12

Hi!

The "noise" is from the motu 828 when the power is turned on! When the G5 is on you ear the ventilation sound… right?
In this case, my problem is when the power is turned on you ear some kind of sound (electrical) from the left side of the 828(when you are in the front of the 828).

The problem isn’t in the sound chain but in the machine, i think that this sound is from some kind of electric transformer in the inside!

I just want to confirm if this is a “normal sound” or some bad stuffing in it!!!!

"the only bad noise i've noticed comes from my G5 when i dont uncheck 'allow nap' in system preferences (only avaiable when you install the chud tools from the osx installation cd)"????? What is this chud tools???

Regards