Skip to main content

say I was close Micing drums, and had a total of 8 mics including over heads. How would I record that with an 002 since it only has 4 inputs?

Topic Tags

Comments

jonnyc Sat, 12/17/2005 - 20:13

you would either add more preamps thru the 4 extra 1/4" inputs, or two channels thru spdif, or 8 channels via adat. or you could go with the 4 mic set up. to have 8 channels you'll have to spend more money. If you have 300 bucks laying around take a look at buying a pair of m-audio dmp3's. 300 bucks would get you 4 channels that are as clean if not a little cleaner than the pre's in the 002. if you don't mind poor sound quality behringer makes an adat unit called the ada8000 that you could connet thru your adat lightpipe, its only around 200 bucks and its 8 channels.

jonnyc Sun, 12/18/2005 - 11:46

Well if you're looking for something eventually, and you want it to be similar to a 002 then I'd go for the M-audio project mix I/O. Its a control surface that has 8 xlr's built in and works with pro tools mpowered which is the same thing as pro tools le. Instead of paying 2000+ for the 002 the project mix plus pro tools mpowered would be just 1300 for essentially the same thing.

x

User login