Skip to main content

Hi all

I have a question about a routing setup I'd like to use with my outboard reverbs.

I currently use an Eventide Eclipse and I hook it up to a 002R/PTLE system via ADAT lightpipe. The Eclipse has the ability to let me select which ADAT pair I want it to sync to and receive signal from, and let the other pairs pass thru. I was thinking to hook an M3000 up (to be purchased if this works) daisy chained to the Eclipse and set it to receive and process a different ADAT pair than the Eventide. Does anybody using the M3000 know if the non processed ADAT pairs can also pass thru the TC box to go back on a single ADAT stream to the 002R interface?
Say I have Eclipse on ADAT 1-2 and M3000 on ADAT 3-4, then out from the TC back to the 002R, everything wordclocked to a single master. Does it make any sense?
I wasn't able to tell if this is going to work from the TC manual (and I'm just waiting from an answer by TC support), so I just thought to ask around.
I may send the M 3000 in a Spdif loop, but I have another Lexicon hooked up to that, and if this ADAT setup doesn't work I guess I'd be forced to get a dedicated router like the Z-sys 8.8a for this purpose.

Thank you for your help

L.G.

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Fri, 07/15/2005 - 07:47

I did not try that, don't have the necessary cables to try and help, but I can tell you this: In the I/O setup menu of the M3000, this is what is available. If you choose Adat for inputs, it lets you select chanels 1 to 8 for both engines. It outputs on all formats at the same time (spdif, aes and optical) On the optical output menu, you can choose from tos, adat 1 to 8 for each channel and thru.
My guess is that you can do as you planned (An adat loop with Eclipse on 1-2 and M3000 on 3-4 and so on) if you set the output to THRU mode, BUT you will have to use a seperate output format in order to route your M3000 signal returns to your system.

I hope it helps a little bit,

Thomas

lorenzo gerace Fri, 07/15/2005 - 07:55

Hi

Thanx for the reply

I asked this same question to TC tech support and they replyed that it's not possible: the ADAT pairs not used by the M3000 for processing are simply muted at the output...so I guess no luck.
I may have a workaround for this but it involves the use of a format converter (the RME ADI 4DD, from ADAT to AES and back), and hook the Eventide, M3000 and so on via AES, then from the converter back into Pro Tools via a single ADAT stream.
Too bad that the M3000 hasn't that capability...it almost seems like a really stupid thing to be left overlooked...Eventide has the connectivity/routing thing really laid out better.
If you have the possibility to try that I'd appreciate if you could drop me a line with your results.

Thank you

L.G.

P.S. How do you like your M3000?

sdelsolray Sat, 07/16/2005 - 10:07

lorenzo gerace wrote: Hi all

I have a question about a routing setup I'd like to use with my outboard reverbs.

I currently use an Eventide Eclipse and I hook it up to a 002R/PTLE system via ADAT lightpipe. The Eclipse has the ability to let me select which ADAT pair I want it to sync to and receive signal from, and let the other pairs pass thru. I was thinking to hook an M3000 up (to be purchased if this works) daisy chained to the Eclipse and set it to receive and process a different ADAT pair than the Eventide. Does anybody using the M3000 know if the non processed ADAT pairs can also pass thru the TC box to go back on a single ADAT stream to the 002R interface?
Say I have Eclipse on ADAT 1-2 and M3000 on ADAT 3-4, then out from the TC back to the 002R, everything wordclocked to a single master. Does it make any sense?
I wasn't able to tell if this is going to work from the TC manual (and I'm just waiting from an answer by TC support), so I just thought to ask around.
I may send the M 3000 in a Spdif loop, but I have another Lexicon hooked up to that, and if this ADAT setup doesn't work I guess I'd be forced to get a dedicated router like the Z-sys 8.8a for this purpose.

Thank you for your help

L.G.

How about hooking the TC M3000 up via SPDIF and peeling off those other ADAT tracks to the M3000 ITB via the PT busing/aux tracks and through the SPDIF I/O? You can run ADAT and SPDIF at the same time on a Digi002. You can use the busing to get to and from easiliy enough. You can print results to new tracks. Can't you daisy chain the Lex into that?