Skip to main content

Hey everyone,
I just picked up this wonderful board with the firewire card and I'm using it with cubase. Its working really good, most of the time. Im having a few very light pops every now and then on the playback, I'm not too sure if it is occurring during recording. I've adjust my latency a few times and its gotten better, but it could be better still.
I know awhile back there was a thread kicking around about optimum computer settings for firewire recording, like what applications or processes are necessary or isn't necessary. Maybe try and free up some computing power.
Any ideas?

Topic Tags

Comments

cfaalm Wed, 03/01/2006 - 05:28

If you google on DAW tweaks you will find more tweaks than you'd care to implement.

Two things I'd like to know before going any deeper:

1. Do you run XP SP2? SP2 has Firewire issues, but can be fixed.
2. Dunno if you need a driver, if so, do you have the latest driver for your Mackie? That could also help.

anonymous Fri, 03/03/2006 - 12:45

Sorry for the late reply to my own thread,
I am running winxp with SP2. I just did a fresh installing and such and dug around for all those great tweaking tips for xp and I've done them all. I think my playback problem is resolved, everything is sounding pretty good. I still have one problem. When I click play, or stop, I get a quick surge of sound, a crack. Any way to solve this?

anonymous Tue, 03/07/2006 - 07:31

The mackie 1620 w/firewire is great. Perfect for recording and for live sound. It isn't a control surface, so no you can't control any aspects of the board from the computer. You also have to keep in mind that the all the audio that goes to your computer through the firewire is post-everything. The eq, pan, inserts, etc, will have no effect on the audio into your computer, just the live sound. It works great with cubase, and sounds great.