Skip to main content

I am planning to change my old computer based studio equipment in to the new one. New DAW should be based on Apogiee Rosetta 200 ad/da with firewire card.

Any experience with that model ?

How many milliseconds exactly is "near to zero" :evil: latency (Rosetta 200 + X-Firewire card) ?

Does Rosetta 200 have any difference in sound quality, as compared with PSX 100 (except 192 kHz)?

Does Rosetta 200 support monitoring and (internal) recording soft synths (FM7, Pro 53, Absynth, B 4, Retro AS 1) and Giga Sampler or Giga Studio (gsif support)?

I am not sure if I have the whole picture. If I have i.e. 24/96
resolution mix, digitaly mastered inside computer (Eq, LinMB compressor, L2 by Waves), how to apply UV 22 HR to make 16/44.1 CD format ?

How to apply Soft Limit for extra punch in that master ? :?
It seems to be impossible without external DAT and re-recording process, which is leading to sound degradation caused by too many involved AD/DA stages.
Can you explain me more about practical approach of this process, to reach the best results. Any advice would be of immense help.

Thanks, my friends 8-)

Comments

maintiger Tue, 07/20/2004 - 08:36

I have the old rosetta 2 ch (the model before) and I have been extremnely happy with it. The tracks are tighter and cleaner and the soft limit works well. The new one, with the firewire card, should be just that much better. heck, i would trade both my old rosetta and my motu 828mkii for one! (with the fire wire option I would no longer need the motu connection)