Skip to main content

I was just about set on saving for the Avalon AD2022 mic preamp and a friend who works at the recording workshop told me to check out the Vintech 1272 for about half the price. I want to get the best pre I can, something I'll be happy with for many years to come. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Topic Tags

Comments

Krou Mon, 12/13/2004 - 09:38

I hear it's the poster child of the bang-for-the-buck-preamp campaign. While not quite as good as a Great River or Brent Averill, it holds it's own quite well for it's $1300 tag. The only Avalon I'm familiar with is the 737 and I really don't care for it, so based on that, I would say get the Vintech.

Davedog Mon, 12/13/2004 - 21:07

Words can be 'defined' in many different ways.....fat....yeah....can I 'hear' all the parts of the recorded sound clearly over all the aggressiveness? .....absolutely.....does this make it 'detailed'?? ...its all a matter of definition...but then we all do 'agree'....the Vintech does a great job....as for Neve and its children....the only real Neve I've ever heard was a console and the Vintech stuff sounds better...probably because its newer....