Skip to main content

Quick version:

the power LED is not coming on and no sound is being output.

Long version:

The delta was purchased years ago. It was working fine for a year, then stopped working. After sending it to maudio, they found it worked fine. Turned out the drivers stopped working. I reinstalled the drivers and it worked like they said.

Since then, I recorded with it for many months, then packed it and stored it indoors at room temperature. I recently setup again.

New XP system, 5.1.0xxx drivers installed fine. No errors in control panel > system. Using known good audio cables. Power outlet is warm. Assigned multiple Delta channels as main audio device (1/2, 3/4, etc). Played sound with windows sound and winamp with delta channels. Delta control panel shows output signal on whatever channel I assign.

The power LED is not coming on, the delta breakout is not getting warm, and no sound can be heard either with headphones or speakers.

I believe the delta1010 is not powering on.

I emailed maudio about this a moment ago.

My questions are:

1) is there any other testing I can do?
2) has anyone had this problem before?

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Sun, 11/14/2004 - 12:52

I noticed the Delta "MIDI out" light blips when I first start the machine its hooked up to. Also, the "HW in" readouts in the delta control panel show "full on". There's nothing plugged into the Delta except power!

Does the power LED come on with nothing but the power cord attached to it? Or does it get powered on from the data cable? It's been so long that I don't recall.

anonymous Sun, 11/14/2004 - 17:34

Hi,

I own a Delta 1010 myself...

In order for the unit to power on, you MUST have the power supply connected, you MUST have the data cable connected from the installed pci card connected to the unit, and you MUST have the computer powered on. The unit should receive a "power-on" message as soon as you power up your machine (hence that drivers are not the issue).

If this is not happening, I would suggest you thoroughly clean all your contacts: the cable ends and both terminals. You may even try reseating the pci card.

Also, I have heard that sometimes the power supply can burn out on these as well. I think you can order a replacement directly from M-audio.

I hope this helps!
jobu

frob Tue, 11/16/2004 - 16:04

inetguy wrote: I noticed the Delta "MIDI out" light blips when I first start the machine its hooked up to. Also, the "HW in" readouts in the delta control panel show "full on". There's nothing plugged into the Delta except power!

Does the power LED come on with nothing but the power cord attached to it? Or does it get powered on from the data cable? It's been so long that I don't recall.

so all you have pluged in is the power? turn your system compleatly off unplug it, open it up and pull the pci controle card try it in a difrant slot. Put it all back togather and plug in EVERYTHING the data cable and power make sure that the outlets in the wall are "hot" (meaning they have power) and turn it all back on if it works great if not reinstall the drivers after that as Andreas said try it on a difrant computer. then witha difrant power supley then a difrant cable then ship it to M-audio. theire is plenty you can do to test it in house.