Skip to main content

WHat are some of the views on this piece of equiptment. or even the Mackie too.

Im still looking for an interface, and I like the fact that this equiptment is a controller also.

if some of you have work with this piece, throw a little info this way. .

thanx

Comments

Guest Thu, 08/11/2005 - 13:29

I have been using the 1884 with 4 FE8 expanders for about a year now. I also have an 1804 light piped to it for 16 inputs. I think it is a great piece of ger for the $$. I use logic on a mac and it work seamlessly. The mic pres are clean, nothing fancy but they get the job done. I use UA 610 pre amps so I like that these are uncolored.

frob Thu, 08/11/2005 - 14:00

if you have good monitors mics and pre's, then yea get it. but if you have no good pres and no good monitors then dont. i dont think that this is a good system to learn on.

the pres are "huh" quality. in my opinion astep down from the makies.
and the converters are okay. the best part of this gear is its convieniace factor.
take your time with almost any gear and the artist can shine through the crap.

Cucco Fri, 08/12/2005 - 06:42

FifthCircle wrote: If you do a search here, you'll find lots of feedback.

I personally think it isn't worth its weight in $h!t.

-Ben

Agreed - do a search.

I'm with Ben on this one - utter SHITE!

I had 5 - yes, count them 5!!! and they all had the same defect - and no, I'm not talking about the sound being the defect - that was yet another problem. The ONLY positive thing I can say about it was that the converters weren't half bad. Not good, not great, just not half bad. Better than those in the ADATs, etc.

J.