Skip to main content

I have a Digidesign 002R running Pro Tools LE 6.9. I need to add 8 more XLR mic inputs/pres. Any ideas? I like the PreSonus Firepod but, will it work with the 002R? What do I need?

Topic Tags

Comments

RemyRAD Sat, 05/20/2006 - 11:12

rnrdawg, submitting your question for the same thing 3 times in a row is just not proper etiquette on this forum (I think the other person was just joking?). Click the onscreen button only once and then wait patiently for a moment. You will not get your answers any faster by looking like a lunefreakazoid.

Official Recording.org freakazoid
Ms. Remy Ann David

anonymous Mon, 05/22/2006 - 10:08

You can get a Presonus DigiMax or DigiMaxLT, a Focusrite OctoPre or OctoPreLE, and there are others but these two units seem to get the most praise for their value/price ratio. They both have 8 mic preamps in them, and you should check out the specs on a retailer's site or the manufacturer's sites to see the differences between the DigiMax and DigiLT, also the Octo and OctoLE. They require an ADAT optional card which is what you'll use to connect it to your 002R using the ADAT/Lightpipe input. Then you will have 8 more available inputs in ProTools to record from, giving you 16 simultaneous tracks. :)

~TS

x

User login