Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

Looks to me like there's no solution to this one, but thought I'd try a last ditch attemp and see if there's anyone knowlegdeable out there who can help.

I run Nuendo with an Audiohile 2496 connected (both digital IN and OUT) to an outside RME ADDA. I am pleased with the Audiophile latency using their ASIO drivers

The problem is that I would like to run my old Yamaha SW1000XG together alongside it, primarily for the sounds (accessed via midi) and way of working I'm used to.

The SW1000XG provides an input stream that delivers the instrument voices digitally, they appear as an audio input stream in the sequencer software, when using the SW1000 ASIO drivers or MME. The only other way to get those voices out of the card digitally is by using the card's digital out connection.

So the problem is that, when operating under the Audiophile's ASIO drivers, even though I can access and play the SW1000's instruments, I have no way of making them appear as an audio stream in Nuendo.

The only way to get the SW1000's audiostream in to Nuendo is to swicth to crummy latency MME drivers. That defeats the purpose of having a 29/46 low latency set-up with outside DAC in the first place.

This is very annoying, because the SW1000's instrument sounds are available and are being generated, and are just like any wav. file stream but there is no use that can be made of them, while working under the Audiophile's ASIO drivers. Yet at the same time, a VST instrument and Rewire input are in fact doing just the kind of thing that would be required here, they are delivering an outside extra audio stream, directly into the sequencer.

Any ideas? Is there not some Nuendo/VST plugin that wil take the digital stream (that appears at the SW1000s inputs, under MME or direct X), and
deliver it into Nuendo running under audiophile's ASIO?

Thanks.

Gregory