Skip to main content

Hey,
this is my virgin post, and I reckon I'll be hanging around a while - so here's my situation/question.

I have been using a DIGI001 for 3 years now. I'm building a new, PC based system, and am considering getting a DIGI002R. Sound quality-wise, I would imagine the A/D converters play the biggest role here.

Has anyone A/Bd these 2 units before?
Also, E-MU has some interfaces out, the 1820 I believe that claims to have the same converters as Pro Tools HD systems. Can anyone vouch for that? Any other 16-18 input interfaces someone could recommend?

Ballz

Topic Tags

Comments

Sidhu Tue, 01/09/2007 - 13:01

While I cannot comment on the digidesign interfaces, I own the E-mu 1820.

the 'm' series of the emu interfaces have the same converters found in the PT HD192 rig.

The 1820,1212 range is being replaced with the 1616 range, which has both PCI and CardBus connectivity, and better pres. The Emu cards also have DSP effects (not the best, but killer when tracking), and very extensive pathmix utility, low latenct and overall very stable. For more info check out these userforum (as with any product specific forum, be ready for a lotta cribbing)

http://www.productionforums.com/index.php?f=52&sid=952a802753477bc4aef52d6060552634

cheers!

Sidhu