Skip to main content

I believe it was in Tape-Op mag that I read something about the Digi002 product coming out early next year. Supposedly, a firewire-based version of the Digi001. Digi, of course, NEVER talks about unreleased products (although nearly every other manufacturer does).

Anyone have more details?

Topic Tags

Comments

anonymous Thu, 12/13/2001 - 06:39

I haven't heard anything about this, but it would be great if it would work in conjunction w/ the 001 so we get 8 extra in and outs (sort of how you can do it w/ the 828). I would get a few to get up to 24 ins and outs so i can mix externally.

Also, raising the number of possible tracks to 24 would be great! (or even allowing 24 stereo tracks...i use synths and it maxes out at 12 stereo tracks! ahh!)

anonymous Tue, 01/22/2002 - 21:26

David:

My sources say don't expect a "Digi 002" anytime soon - if ever. I too, would like to see a firewire version, and the ability to use two or three of them at once on a single CPU, but it doesn't look like that's likely to happen anytime in the foreseeable future - if at all.

As far as increased track counts, I have heard absolutely nothing. I'd be happy with 32 tracks and / or the stereo tracks counting as "one" track instead of two (IOW, 24 stereo OR mono tracks). esides, isn't there some sort of a glitch in the program that allows you to get more than 24 tracks if you do a certain something while creating new tracks or something? Seems I've read rumors about that (and before anyone asks, I have no idea how it's done...)

On a much brighter note: Win XP support IS coming! I saw an MBox on a XP system at NAMM. It's not coming out next week (or even next month) but according to the Digi people I spoke with, it should be out by spring or early summer at the latest.